The following Call for Nominations is brought to you by Joanna Regulska, Vice Provost and Associate Chancellor of Global Affairs:
Dear UC Davis Faculty and Staff,
Global Affairs invites you to nominate a faculty or staff member for the inaugural Chancellor's International Engagement Achievement Award!
This award is to recognize a UC Davis faculty or staff member for outstanding international engagement in carrying out the university's mission of teaching, research and outreach.
Any active and full-time faculty or staff member currently employed by UC Davis, and who have achieved distinction in international service through their work in terms of scholarly activity in teaching, research, and public service shall be eligible for nomination. This includes members of the senate, federation and staff. The nominee must have significantly contributed to the internationalization of the campus while furthering the UC Davis goal of Global Education for All.
NATURE OF AWARD
A one-time stipend of $1,500.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING NOMINATIONS
The call for nominations will be announced by the Vice Provost and Associate Chancellor for Global Affairs once a year. Any full-time faculty or staff may select one individual for nomination and submit to Global Affairs for consideration. The members of the Selection Committee composed of UC Davis faculty and staff will review all nominees and make the final decision regarding award selections.
NOMINATING MATERIAL SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover page (Include name of nominator, nominator's contact information, name of nominee, nominee's contact information)
- The nominee's professional resume (no more than 5 pages) emphasizing the impact that the nominee's international activities have had on UC Davis and global community.
- Letters of recommendation (not to exceed 3)
- Statement of justification/Description of nomination (1 page)
SUBMISSION AND ANNOUNCEMENT
- Submit your nominations that include all nominating materials as one PDF file to Jennie Konsella-Norene, International Funding Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22, 2017.
- Award Announcement & Ceremony: June 12, 2017, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m., UC Davis International Center, MultiPurpose Room